Saturday, February 8, 2014

Nan's Florida State College Visiting Artist Gig

I just presented a workshop demonstrating the figure sculpting and casting techniques used in my art practice at the Florida State College in Jacksonville, Florida (February 5th). I presented a full day of demonstrations to sculpture ceramics and drawing students who were great. After the demo I wrapped up with an artist's lecture detailing the development of my sculpture and installations; social narratives that have focused on spirituality, feminine nostalgia, and currently environmental conservation. The audience asked insightful questions and I tuely enjoyed thier engagement and seeing what is happening at Florida State College. I
was invited as a visiting artist as part of the "All Florida Ceramics Invitational" in which the work of UF Ceramics faculty, staff, and graduate students is on display. "Margaret" is the sculpture on display and she is positioned in the center of the South Gallery. Great to be in the company of UF folks and artists from FAU, FSU, UNF and FSC.

No comments:

Post a Comment