Saturday, April 29, 2017

Nan Smith Awarded UF Mentor Award and UF Term Professor Award

I was honored to received two awards this semester. My mentorship of graduate students has been recognized by a university-wide award. I was nominated secretly by my grad students and I first won the award for the College of the Arts. My file was put forward to the university-wide competition. I was one of six faculty selected campus-wide for this recognition. I received a gorgeous plaque from UF presented in an award ceremony by President Fuchs. I also was awarded a UF Term Professorship for art research excellence. Balancing teaching and research has always been a juggling act. I told my senior colleague Kenneth Kerslake when I was a new faculty member that I wanted to follow in his foot steps and be strong in both areas. This link leads to the mentorship statement. Big thanks to the secret nomination by my dear graduate students. http://graduateschool.ufl.edu/faculty--staff/awards/faculty-doctoral-mentoring-award/2016-2017-mentoring-award-winners/nan-smith.html

No comments:

Post a Comment