Monday, March 11, 2019

Nan's Figure Sculpting Session at the Arrowmont School of Arts and Crafts

A lot of talent was concentrated in the classroom during my week-long figure sculpture workshop titled, "The Reflexive Self" at Arrowmont in October of 2018. What fun we had working the long hours; all day and all evening sculpting, casting, and doing glaze testing for the portrait busts that were created. We had a full room and everyone had good energy. My teaching assistants and I were able to work with the large group to create life casts, offer individual anatomy tutorials (after I demonstrated each step), and fire kilns to test low fire and mid-range glazes and underglaze effects. Pictures of the workshop at various stages follow. Thanks to the students who attended ... it was a joy to work with you! These first pictures are of my demo piece after 3 hours of modeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment